Smoker with throat pain. Is it due to excessive bathing or smoking?

Hello, I am a regular smoker(15 per day more or less) for past 6 years. for last 3 weeks I am facing throat pain . it didn t last for more than 2 days. As I am from India because of the High temperature I am taking bath almost 7-8 times per day. SO I am not sure about the reason here, Is there any possibility that the pain is because of Smoking? Or I should not be worried about it. Kindly help me...
Asked On : Sun, 29 Apr 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi sir , in my opinion your throat pain is because of smoking, as well this dry dusty weather. Its not because of your bath.
In my opinion, I would suggest you to reduce smoking , drink lots of tender coconut water or any other fruits juice to keep yourself well hydrated.
Avoid eating oily and cold items. Do salt water gargle,
If a patient with these symptoms come to my clinic
I would suggest to take some pain killers with decongestants medicine for 3 to 5 days.since your pain is recurring on and off I would also suggest penicillin antibiotics .
There is mothing to worry but do take care of yourself.