Smoker, have small, firm lump on the hard palate, eruption of new bump near it. What could the cause be?

Hi, thanks for your time, first off, I m a 20-year-old male smoker. So I noticed about a week ago there s a smallish, firm lump on the left side of my hard palate , maybe about a centimeter in diameter tops, and it s totally painless. Suffice to say I was a little worried, however I noticed it seemed to be getting smaller over the week, so I thought great it s resolving itself. However today I noticed that there is a new bump on the right side, slightly closer to the middle, and it s a little bit sore if I touch it. My personal physician recommended I see an ENT specialist , and I ve already made the appointment, but I figured I d ask here as well. Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012