Smoker, have pain in ear, neck and shoulder, chest tightness on deep breathing. No relief with medicines. Help?

I smoke cigarettes and For almost a 2 week now I have been having a pain in my left ear and the left side of my neck into my shoulder , then when I take deep breathes it feels like my chest gets tight. Everytime I try to smoke( which I m trying to quit) my throat burn a little. I went to the doctor I was told it was coming from a tooth infection, its been a week now and the only thing has changed is my ear doeosnt hurt anymore( put me on 500mg amoxicillian)
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013