Smoker, chest x-ray showed haziness, suspicious density in upper lung, calcification in aortic knob, atherosclerotic aorta. Conclusion?

Hello, my father is a 59 year old male (on/off smoker) with the following chest x-ray findings: - Haziness in the left lung base - Suspicious faint density in the right upper lung - Rest of lung fields - clear - Calcification in the aortic knob - Heart not unusual and hemidiaphragm & costophrenic sulci are intact - Atherosclerotic aorta And an ALV of the right upper lung was recommended. What is an ALV? We are scheduled to see our doctor tomorrow but I would like to have an idea what these x-ray results indicate. Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012