Smoker, alcoholic. Diabetic, constipation. On metformin. Help?

i am 56yr old patient with diabetes smoker+alcoholic+betel nut chewer. recently i met my doc he did all necessary tests and prescribed sitagliptin+metformin morning + metformin in evening after few days my sugar levels were normal i was very happy---- but after the tablets usage my tummy became very tight with constipation iasked my doc to change tablets as they are costly and my tummy hurts---- again my doc changed sitagliptin+metformin to metformin+glimperide +metformin at night on follow up my post prandial sugar peaked up back 250+ can someone help me to decrease my post prandial sugar as my fasting sugar is 88mg/dl waiting for priceless advise :)
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013