Smoked marijuana, weird feeling, and cold sweats. Something to worry?

Hello, I constantly feel weird. I have been feeling this way for about a month now. Everything started when I tried smoking marijuana and the side effects kicked in ( high feeling ). Everything became slower and I had weird vertigos. I ve been feeling weird since that day. After that, like a week in, I had something happen to me in class. Like this weird feeling overtook me that I was going to pass out, my palms were sweating cold sweat and it was really frightening to me since I am a person that worries about my health alot. I went outside to breathe some fresh air and it stopped, but I still feel kind of weird, like my perception of the world has changed. I ve spent alot of my time on the computer, could these events kind of like caused a reaction where I finally realize what a place the world really is? I can still think logically and my learning abilities don t seem to have decreased, but I still get this weird unexplainable feeling, I do not see a point in anything. I also have a ringing in my left ear for like 3 years now. I had some audio tests done, but I heard all the sounds there and they couldn t understand what was the cause of it, which also kind of worries me.
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. Marijuana may cause you to have a lot of side effects and the sensations that you are having are all related to your smoking marijuana. The weird feeling, cold sweats, vertigo or the feeling of dizziness, passing out, may all be related to marijuana use. It may also indicate that you are not only physiologically dependent on the medication but also psychologically dependent on it. This means that you are dependent on marijuana and therefore would benefit from treatment. I believe that you can get to the path of recovery by being honest and upfront with a psychiatrist who you need to consult as soon as possible. I wish you the very best in recovery.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day!