Smoked marijuana resulted in increase of heart beat. How to get back to normal?

Good Evening Sir , I smoked marijuana for the first time on the night of 2nd oct ie 4 days ago . It resulted in increase of my heart beat and i started panicking and became very anxious.. The next day things were normal but my heart beat was little more than normal . It has been almost 4 days and my heart beat is still not normal . Its about 86 per min. Wat shall i do to get it to normal ?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

One time exposure to cannabis cannot stay for this long. If you say your heart rate is more at 85 then probably its your anxiety about the exposure to cannabis that is causing it. You should go in for cognitive behavioural therapy.these people will address your distorted thoughts and bring down your anxiety.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.