Smoked marijuana days after tonsil removal surgery. Hazardous?

Hello, I m 21years old, 6days ago I got my tonsils removed, and some hours ago I smoked marihuana with my friends. They told me it was fine, but reading what other people write about it on the internet made me worried.. Is it likely that something bad will happen? And if so, what should I do to prevent that at this moment?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi, Smoking marijuana is hazardous any time one does this. Any way, smoking should not be done in post operative status as hot fluids and food is to be avoided as it can increase the chance of bleeding. Cold or luke warm diet is recommended for few days post surgery. Smoke of any form is an irritant and there is a raw area in the tonsillar bed which will be more prone to irritant like marijuana smoke. Please rinse your oral cavity with antiseptic gargles and avoid smoking in future preferably forever but definitely for next 15 days. Regards