Smoked marijuana. Loss of concentration. Will I be okay?

Hi my name is aj. I m 16, I ve smoked marijuani 5 times in a 5 month spread. (Im not doing it anymore) The last time I smoked was about 2 months ago. And that will be my last time. I smoked with a friend at 12 am and after a few hours we went to bed. I woke up and still felt somewhat high the next morning. I felt this way until later that day. Around 4, so I told my parents because I was scared. We went to the ER. They said I was ok and not to do it anymore. I felt okay the next day. But randomly 2 months later. last week I felt high out of no where for about an hour. And I keep thinking smoking weed Messed me Up But I know it s all in my head because it wasn t laced and everyone does it now a days. I just want to hear from a proffesional that I m okay so I can stop thinking about it 24/7. Sometimes I feel like I can t focus on anything. But then again I know I m okay. My friend said its happened to him before and he s fine now. I just want to let it go. I realize I made a mistake, I just want to know I m deffinitly 100% okay. How can i stop thinking about it so much. And start feeling normal again. I worry alot about it. Does that have anything to do with me still thinking I m messed up from it? I just want to know I m okay. And what can I do when I start to worrying about it alot?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Dear AJ,
glad to hear that you have stopped smoking marijuana from last 2 months and i wish you continue to maintain abstinence from it. The effects of marijuana do not last for 2 months , so the high you filled last week is not related to it, and as you are 16 years of age various hormonal surges happening in this age may lead to such high and that is a normal part of growth. The continuous worry is due to guilt of smoking and due to apprehension of the side effects of marijuana . you should stop searching on net and other sources about the effects of marijuana, as we label normal physiological activities to them when we read it. dont discuss about your marijuana use with everyone , restrict the conversation about it. Stop thinking that you made a big mistakes as it the age when we tend to experiment on various things and decide the course of life.
All the best
Dr Sanghanayak S Meshram