Smoked cigarette to relieve stress. Shortness of breath, nausea after smoking. Is it normal?

Good morning, sir. I am a 23 year old male, in good health according to my doc. A friend of mine left his pack of cigarettes at my apartment. I had never smoked a cigarette in my life. Admittedly, hoping to relieve some stress quickly, I smoked one. At first, I felt fine, then got the high and finally felt very relaxed. A little over a half-hour later, I decided to smoke another one, just to see if I would have the same rush. Instead, I felt horrible. Barring the shortness of breath which I assume is only natural, I suddenly felt very nauseous. Obviously, I put out the cigarette immediately, but I guess the damage was done, since my nausea remained and quickly grew worse. Eventually, I had no choice but to vomit . My question to you, sir, is the following. Is it normal to be nauseous and even vomit after smoking cigarettes? Thank you in advance for your time and advice.
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012