Smelly vagina ?

Hi. Well just over a week ago i had my period. And i noticed that it smelt a little more than usual, doesn't normally really smell at all.. Anyway, since i've finished my period, my vagina has had a different smell to it. It is not very pleasant and it never used to smell... What could be the cause of this? I have been drinking more alcohol than usual if that means anything but other than that my diet hasn't really changed. Could it be something to do with my new sexual partner? Could his penis make me smell this way?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

That could be a reason especially if you have contracted some infection to your part. Do get yourself examined by a gynec to see if there is any infection in your vagina. Smell is usually due to infection.

No i haven't been to a doctor or anything... The smell isn't badd, just different. And i can't smell it through my clothes or anything, it's when i put my finger in there, i've noticed it smells a bit funky... I dont have any other signs of infection either..... =S

Anonymous's Response

maybe you just never noticed.

I found that sometimes my smell will change down there too after drinking or eating bad. I found eating yogurt helps things get back to normal- the bacteria in the yogurt are good for your body, and can help balance the bad bacteria in you vagina. The bad bacteria is always present, even when your healthy- but can take over for a variety of reasons, douching, soaps, medication or diet- and for me drinking. Stay away from sugar and yeast and help yourself to some yogurt.