Smelly vagina, tampon stuck in vagina for 2 weeks comes out. What are the risk?

Hi I have recently noticed my vagina has been very smelly and I need to shower every morning and sometimes also bath at night. 2 months ago I gave birth and I have had a period a few weeks ago. This week my partner and I had sexual intercourse using a condom and afterwards, when he took it off, he said it was very smelly and I said it might have been me as I have noticed a smell recently. I planned to ask the doctor to check it out. Tonight I was in the bath and felt something up my vagina so I had a feel around and felt something odd. I started to pull gently and eventually a tampon came out. It stank really badly and was full with blood . I have not inserted a tampon for at least 2 weeks and so it has been there for a long time, with me having intercourse whilst it was inserted. I understand I am lucky to not be dead already from TSS but I wonder if I should still get checked out and if there is still a risk of TSS? Thankyou
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jun 2012