Smelly urine after sipping water throughout the day. Reason?

HI, I don t drink enough water my urine was so smelly I had to use air freshener, so I started drink water a week ago. I started off drinking 8 oz at a time cause I can t remember to sip all day and I would urine clear with no smell, now I drink the same ammount a day but a little at a time and my urine is back strong and very yellow but not as strong as it was before I started drinking water, why is my urine strong when I sip on the water versus drink alot?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013