Smelling, tasting of burning wood mixed with sweet perfume. No help with antibiotics. Tumor or Parkinsons?

my dad has just told me he has been smelling and tasting a strange aroma constantly for the last couple of weeks, he describes it as a burning wood smell mixed with a sweet perfume, it is not too bad when he first wakes up but gradually gets worse throughout the day, i am concerned as i have heard it can be a sign of brain tumours or onset of parkinsons. he has seen two different doctors one gave him tablets he is already on but said take an extra one before bed this didnt make any difference , the second has prescribed antibiotics but said he had no idea what the problem could be, any ideas?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013