Smelling, itchy, flaky scalp even after washing hair regularly. Suggestions?

My daughter has suffered with an extremely bad smelling, itchy, flakey scalp for as long as I can remember. She is now 18 and has used about everything the dermatologist has recommended, (however, no antibiotics , etc). She is embarrassed about the itch but more so about the horrible smell even immediately after washing her hair. She uses every shampoo that says it treats scalp psoriasis to no avail. I would mostly like to decrease the bad smell. It smells like she never washes her hair, when actualy she washes it every day or every day or two. We are really frustrated. Her hair appears very oily by day 3 if not washed every day. Please help??
Asked On : Tue, 20 Nov 2012