Smash on the knee causing dizziness, vomiting, foot seems cold after the injury. LCL tear?

I smashed my left knee on the ground yesterday. I was extremely dizzy and felt like puking afterwards. I still feel sick today, my knee is not very swollen but i can t move it like normal. It doesn t hurt terribly unless I walk too much or move wrong. I can feel it quite good while I am just sitting down as well. Lastly, my foot doesn t feel numb but it is cold after the injury could it be a possible LCL tear and maybe hot the peronial nerve? Any help is appreciated. Debating on going to the doctor or just buying myself a knee brace Nd maybe crutches.
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Thanks for your query
After going through your description, my advice would be rest, ice fomentation and compression bandage along with medicine like ibuprofen and chymoral forte to reduce pain and swelling. .As you are able to move around with minimal swelling it does not looks to be serious injury.
If you have knee brace you may wear it for few days, no harm in it.Peroneal nerve injury leads to foot drop along with numbness in foot which you do not have. So just relax.
Dr.chugh Orthopaedic surgeon