Small,sore, tight bruises on lower back. Severe lower back pain. Histroy of a lot of water intake. Advice

I started drinking a lot of water on Monday to start a new heath regimen, when I usually only drink 1 or 2 bottles a day. Therefore was having frequent urination due to my increase of fluids. Then around noon on Monday, my lower back started to hurt, feeling like a muscle pain, this has continued all the way until today Wednesday. I noticed today that there are four small bruise going a long my lower back and it feels very tight and sore. I did not fall or hit it on anything. Any idea what could be going on?
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013