Small white patch hurts on lower gum. What wrong?

i have a small white patch about the size of a pea on my lower left gum it hurts like its a cut what could it be
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012
Dec 2013
After reading your query I can make out that you hae the cystic swelling known as "EPULIS" over the left gum.
It is a benign swelling which recedes by itself and no treatment is required in maximal cases. I advise you to not pinch or pop the area otherwise these areas are very prone for getting secondary infection. Keep your oral hygiene on best of the side so that there should no be any chance of infection in the same.