Small twinges on testicle and groin. Why is it like a bite?

hello, sometimes gives me some small twinges in the left testicle and left groin at the same time like a bite from the testicle to the groin. in which the testicle feels the sting with more intensity then transmitting to the groin with a slight impression in the groin. but that dont hurt me its just a awkward impression
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012
Diabetologist 's  Response
read your query
this sounds like varicocoele

read on the answer for details

Varicocele occurs when the network of veins that leave the testis becomes elongated and enlarged. Normally, veins allow the blood to flow away from the testicle - if there is something wrong with them, blood builds up in the testes.

Varicoceles can lower a man's sperm count and undermine the quality of his sperm. In some cases, the testicles may shrink.

It is common for the patient to experience no signs or symptoms at all. In some cases there may be pain, which can.. dull or sharp. There may be a sensation of heaviness. Some describe it as a dragging-like pain.
..worsen when the patient is physically exerting himself, standing or sitting. Prolonged periods of exertion are more likely to bring on pain.
..get worse later on during the day
..feel better when the patient is lying down

Eventually most varicoceles grow and the person becomes more aware of them. Often described as feeling "like a bag of worms".

During a physical exam a doc may be able to feel the mass of veins, or the bag of worms. If the doctor is not sure, a scrotal ultrasound may be ordered, this will show whether the veins in the pampiniform plexus are greater than 2mm.

so i would suggest you get the ultrasound
to confirm the diagnosis

best of luck