Small swollen bump on the shaft of penis. Could this be due to irritating the follicle ?

I have a small bump on the shaft of my penis , initially it was a small slender bump which appeared to be the base of a hair follicle , I began to pick at the bump after shaving and I became swollen an now appears as a small wart or bump and has been so for a few days, there is still a bit, of what feels like cartilage inside, I tried again to see if any puss would come out , but only a little blood, could I have really irritated the follicle
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013