Small sore lumps in the armpits, groin. No lumps in breast. What could it be?

I have noticed small lumps in my armpits many times in the past (particularly in the left armpit) and occasionally in the groin area. I thought they might have been related to my period but my period is now almost an entire month late and the lump in my left armpit is back. There is no way that I can be pregnant and I have never missed a period before, or been more than a couple of days irregular. The lumps are quite sore but not painful and I haven t come across any in my breast . What could all this be due to?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013