Small red patches on the back of lower legs, spread to sides, front, happens while playing golf. Allergic to pollen. Treatment?

After golfing late yesterday afternoon and early evening, I noticed a few small red patches on the back of my lower legs. This morning those patches have enlarged to cover a larger area on the back of my lower legs as well as the sides and front of the lower legs. There is slight swelling and no itching. Weather was sunny with the temperature 80 - 86. I did not venture into any of the wooded areas, but I did play from the short grass a number of times. The course was a little spongy with no standing water. This has happened before, but this rash is much worse than any of the previous times. This has been an issue only when golfing but not every time I golf. I do have allergies to the various pollens, one being timothy. I do not want to give up golfing, a great stress reliever for me, or shorts, but my legs have the appearance of some ugly disease! Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012