Small, red, painful zit on shoulder blade. Surrounding areas hot. Applying neosporin. Medical care required?

I have a painful zit that I discovered on my right shoulder blade 2 days ago. It was painful so I thought that it needed to be popped. It was small and red at the time. Since then it has not grown in size, but has popped a couple more times. What is concerning is that the surrounding area is hot to the touch and red. It is painful when I m trying to sleep and I wonder if it s infected. The pimple itself has not grown significantly in size. Do I need to see a doctor or can I take care of this at home? I ve been washing it and putting neosporin on it and bandaging. Thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013