Small red nodule, left of uvula, firm on palpation, blood and irritation in area

Hi, I was just looking in the mirror and noticed a small red nodule about 6-7mm in diameter located, what seems to be between my glossopalatine arch and pharyngopalatine arch to the left of the uvula .. It is firm on palpation and when I accidentally slipped and pushed it with my finger , small amount of blood slowly seeped down my throat. Previously this area felt irritated before and I tried to relief the irritation by rubbing the posterior dorsal of my tongue over it. Have you heard or seen anything like this before?
Asked On : Thu, 3 May 2012
With your description in that area what is common is papilloma - a benign lesion due to a virus infection. Generally it is harmless and does not need treatment.
As you have not given your age, whether you smoke and only by history it is difficult to say with surety that it is benign.
It is more important to be seen by an ENT specialist to rule out a more serious lesion like cancer. In case even it turns out to be cancerous there is a high chance of cure as it is in early stage.
So please consult an ENT specialist
Wish you good health.