Small, red lump on the toe, clear gel like substance on squeezing, tendency to fill up again

I have a small lump on my toe (next to little one) that is red. If i squeeze it, a clear gel like substance comes out (looks similar to Bonjela ). Its slightly painful, and it eventually fills up again. What is it?
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012
  Anonymous's Response
dear tim
it might be abcess as you have said its red . is it tender or not. as u have said on squeezing its clear gel like substance if it is near to joints it might be gangilion which is fill with gel like substance. or it might be the fluid from the brusitis. so please do xray to rule oout brusitis or else. do mention about the toe movement and the sensation