Small red itchy welt due to bug bite, tender and bruised. Are these serious symptoms ?

Hi there. I had gone to Ojai a little over a couple of weeks ago (Thanksgiving Day) and noticed a small bug bite . It was a small red welt. It wasn t very raised so I thought nothing of it. I have been monitoring it to see if it gets worse. So far I hadn t experienced any systemic reactions. It started getting a little bit itchy a couple of days ago. Today I noticed that I have a little tender spot about an inch below the bite, which may be forming a bruise . I m not sure what kind of bite I have -- if this is a sign that I should be going to a doctor. I m also wondering if it was just a bruise I got working out. Are there any bug bites that manifest symptoms two weeks later? If so, are these serious symptoms? Should I be going to the doctor? Thanks!
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012