Small red dot on the corner of lip, no pain or itching. What could it be?

Hi, I m 19 and I have a small red dot on the corner of my bottom lip, about the size of a needle tip. It s been there over a year, doesn t hurt, itch , or affect me at all besides how it looks. Definitely isn t herpes or cherry angioma. It also isn t a blood blister , as far as I can tell. It hasn t been a big problem, but is definitely a different color than my lip. Not extremely dark (about the same color as a normal pimple ) and not raised off the skin, except maybe like .1 or .2mm. My doctor, who I saw about it around 8-9 months ago, just looked at it real fast and said, Oh, that s just a trapped vein , nothing to worry about. I trust him because he s been my family doctor my entire life, but I don t think that was a very accurate diagnosis. Basically I m looking for a (preferably non-surgical) scar-free way to get rid of this dot. I ve been scared to try to poke it myself with a needle in case it does scar up. Any new ideas or if you might know what it is, I would appreciate some type of diagnosis. Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012