Small, pea-sized movable nodule on knee post fall, lower leg pain on popping it. Treatment required?

Hi I fell on both my knees about 5 weeks ago and it took a long while for the swelling to go down on one of them, I noticed the other day I now have a small pea sized nodule on my left knee that moves in a circle around my knee if i move it, i can pop it out of my knee cap and pop it back in, it doesnst hurt but my lower leg aches if I mess about with it ? I keep checking to see if its gone, what is it? and should I go doctors ?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jun 2012