Small pea-sized lump on inner thigh, soreness on squeezing, lump seems to disappear and appear

I have a small pea sized lump at the top of my inner thigh. It doesn t protrude out of the skin but is really sore when pressure is applied. The lump has been present for a round a month but seems to disappear for a week and then come back the next week. What could this lump be and is it worth asking a doctor to look at it? Thank you!
Asked On : Sun, 27 May 2012

Welcome to healthcaremagic.

It could be a cyst which may any-time get infected and present as a boil.Boil will be painful and would be needing antibiotics.

I suggest you to get it examined soon and if needed it may have to be excised.

Wish you good health