Small painless red spot on gumline, darker than gums. What is it? Will it go away?

Hi there, I have a small red spot on my gumline, right below my bottom lateral incisor. It s slightly darker than my gum. I m not quite sure, but the gum around this tooth also looks slightly darker. I ve had no pain in my mouth at all. The only connection would be to an infection I had about 3 months ago in my wisdom tooth , but it s on the other side of my mouth and I ve had no problems since then. It doesn t look like a canker sore. And I m assuming if it was a fistula I would have to have some pain in my tooth or gums, which I don t? I d just like to assume that if this goes away in the next few days then it s nothing to worry about - gingivitis , gum disease, abscess etc.. Thanks for your time
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012