Small outgrowth outside anus, problem in defecating, constipation. Is it due to outgrowth?

Hi...I have observed a small outgrowth just outside my anus which I had ignored a few months back. However, since the last 3-4 days I have been experiencing problems while defecating. I have something like constipation for the last 2-3 days but never had it before. There is no bleeding or itching but due to the constipation I am feeling pain and sligtly burning sensation around my anus. Is it because of the outgrowth? or something that needs to be attended immediately??? Lately my father has also been diagnosed with piles and he has been having a lot of trouble for the last 1 year because of this. Please help.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013