Small outgrowth on butt cheek, neck, that move along with the muscles on poking, no pain. What could it be?

Hi I have a growth the size of a pea on my right butt cheek. It started out like the size of a rice and now after three years it is about the size of a pea and is visible now as it is protuding. I am worried because I just notice that I have the same on my neck now it is about the size of a rice but it is growing. When I grab at both my lump/growth or poke at both, it can move along with the muscle or whatever it is attached to. It does not hurt and I have no other symptoms like fever or anything. I only gave birth 3 months ago. I would really appreciate if you can let me know what are these. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012

It seems that you may be having skin tags..also called achrocordon.

You are having lesions on buttock and neck.

The lesions are benign and harmless.

They are simple growths of skin.

The treatment is simple.

Excision with electrocautery under local anaesthesia may be done.

The procedure is OPD procedure.

You consult dermatologist and go ahead for treatment.

I hope you got my answer.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD