Small movable lump on neck, neck pain, pulled muscle. Serious symptoms?

My 11 year old son has a small, movable lump on the right side of his neck. It bothers him, but is not painful at the moment. It was somewhat painful when he first noticed it (October 24th), but the pain has subsided. He has not had a cold or sickness for quite some time. He did experience some serious neck pain after stretching two weeks ago. He couldn t really move for a few minutes. I thought maybe he pulled a muscle. Just wondering if this sounds like anything serious.
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012