Small lump on shin bone, soreness in muscles, varicose veins in the area. Due to shin bone injury?

I have a small lump on my right shin bone, its been there for about 2 weeks and there is soreness in the musel area on one side of it, i am 61 years old male and am starting to get varicus viens in the area which i belive is the cause of it ? is it worth getting it check out as i believe it could be cause by a knock on the shin bone ?
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It can be collected hematoma in the muscle. I would recommend you to show to a orthosurgeon and get examined. Meanwhile you can start following treatment.
1. hot water fomentation
2. Diclofenac ointment
3. Tablet Brufen for pain relief
4.compression bandage