Small lump behind ear after being hit during sports. Hurts to touch. Suggestions?

Hello. I m 24 yrs old, female. 5 days ago, I was playing mixed football and unfortunately happened to collide with one of the bigger guys on our team. Completely accidental, but his knuckle belted me on my head, near my left ear (so hard that my ear was ringing for about a minute or two). Straight away, I could feel a hard pea-sized lump (if you place your finger behind your ear, then trace down towards the middle) - it s located near where the tip of your finger is now (between the back of your ear and where your hairline begins). I assumed it was just swollen at first, but it doesn t seem to have gone down at all. It still smarts a bit when I touch it (and sometimes even when I don t). Did a google search and I m pretty sure it s the temporal bone.. Please help!
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012