Small, itchy red colored lump on the anal edge, blood in stools. What could be the cause?

I have a small lump about the size of a pea on the edge of my anus . It doesnt hurt but sometimes itches. I did some research and found it could be a hemerroid but it isnt dark in color. It is a pinkish/red color. Also, there is often blood in my stools , sometimes much more than other times and sometimes not at all. I dont have insurance to cover anything but emergencies.. So I am a little worried and cant just go to the doc.
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012
Hi. just cool down. Its a common thing due to irregular eating habits, lack of fiber diet. As you haven't mention your age , sex , occupation the cause can't be commented . from history it may be haemorrhoid though it ts redish. you have to consult a surgeon at least once to confirm it. Don't worry it can resolve with steroidal creams which doesn't cost much. Simultaneously increase water intake, fibre diet, exercise. take care.