Small index fingers. Is it due to genetic factors? Can this be passed to the offspring? Limitations?

Hi Doc, I am a 26 yrs male from india. i am planning to get married to a 22 yr girl but the issue is her both hands index fingers are short and somehow thin by birth. according to her and her family those fingers are active and she can perform any task like a normal human being. she has got gold medal in badminton and short put also her handwriting is good and she won many prizes in it from school to college level. according to her, they consulted a doc regarding the same issue and they have been told that it happend because her father and mother are cousins so any gentic problem might have happend. her parents are all right but her younger brother also has same issue with both of his index fingers. my concers are 1) reason which her parents gave is correct or not? 2) though she can perform almost all task, there might be some limitation. so what all may be the limitation having an short index finger? 3) how much are the chances to transmit this into our next generation? are there some tests to know that? do i take advice of some genetic specialist doctor? kindly help me in resolving all confusions ASAP. Thanx in advance..
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013
why do you want do find out the reason when there is no functional abnormality . one thing isfor sure that it does not indicate any kind of anomaly then why are worried about its transmission to the offspring.
There no such genetic specialist doctor or test in india for this problem. onething you can do is consult orthopedic surgeon available locally