Small hair like stinger in the middle knuckle in finger, redness above and below, turned black, slight bruising. Taken benadryl, no relief, numbness in finger. Causes?

Two days ago I woke up and noticed a small hair like stinger in the middle knuckle of my 2nd finger on my left hand . There was redness that was about one inch above and below the knuckle. On the second day it turned black and there was sligh bruising. Today, the third day it is above my top knuckle and there is dark discoloration that is still slowly spreading. I took benedril before going to bed but it hasn t seemed to help. What do you think? There is a little numbness on my fingertip.
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012
The first possibility is injury induced inflammation.
The second is inflammed boil iruption.
As it turned black the first possibility has more likeliness.
Take mild anti inflammatory medicine to control it.
thanks again.