Small flesh colored bumps on back of tongue, spreading towards throat. What could it be?

I ve had small firm flesh colored bumps on the back of my tongue since I was 12 my doctor told me they were enflamed taste buds. But recently I have noticed that this has spread all around my throat and further back on my tongue. what is wrong with me!? I m going to the dentist tomorrow and I m going to ask what it might be...but I m seriously worried about it
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
Thanks for your query
I can feel your concern
they can be a normal variation and fleshy outgrowths , its better to have a biopsy done . I recommend to have a proper clinical examination.
Hope it helps
Wishing a speedy recovery
Dr imran