Small cut turned into lymph node

Cut a nerve on index finger/bump on hand a week later I cut my index finger, small cut but I think I cut a nerve because it is painful even though the cut has closed. After that I got a bump or probably a lymph node on the top of my hand. Will it go away?
Asked On : Wed, 12 Jan 2011
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases 's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic.
The fingers are full of nerve endings and so more sensitive to pain, touch etc.The lymph nodes in arm may be due to injury or infection of any part of that hand which wil resolve itself gradually.Just make sure ther is no redness or pus collection in your index finger which would signify infection and would require treatment.Otherwise you will be fine.dont worry.