Small, circular, bubbly, painful rash that is increasing in size, habit of frequent outdoor hiking, no change in routine products. Cause?

I have a small, circular rash that s formed on my upper back over the last week. I first noticed it about 4-5 days ago when there was no obvious sign of rash, just minor itchiness and a couple of bumps. Now there a distinct red circle of bumps about the circumference of a soda can, maybe a little smaller. Their appearance is a bit bubbly but does not contain puss from what I can tell. This rash hurts more than it itches. It doesn t itch hardly at all, and I d say the pain level is about a 1-2 (on a scale of 1-10). The rash has grown in size each day, but not significantly (maybe a 1/2 inch in diameter over the last 3 days). There is also a similar onset of bumps and tingling beginning to form just beneath my armpit. In the past couple of weeks I have done a lot of hiking outdoors and in secluded forest-like areas. I have not changed soaps or anything along those lines recently. After doing some simple research on the internet I m still rather clueless as to what this rash could be.
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012