Small child, white discharge from penis, fever. Taken tylenol. Serious symptoms?

my 16 month old son was scratching at his diaper tonight. seemed very uncomfortable. i opened up his diaper and his penis was emitting a white-ish discharge . the diaper was also stained a darker color then normal. It had no odour. i put diaper cream on it. Should i be concerned that i should take him to Emerg? I also checked his temperature which was a little above normal about 37.2. I gave him baby tylenol . Is this anything serious?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012