Small child, vision problems, everything green appears light orange in colour. Onset of colour blindness?

well, my grandson is 5.5 and about two weeks ago he said he can t see well, and was talking about green and black and so today at the park I got specific, asking him what color is the grass and trees that you see? he says everything that is green looks lite orange , and he knows what green is or was. and he also seems to think that this just started, because he knew what green was and now it s different.? he s never complained before. would color blindness have a sudden onset like that?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013