Small child, viral infection, fever, nasal discharge, puffy eyes. Will OTC medication help?

My 8 month old had slight viral infection last week fever was the only symptom. Now she has fever back not as high as well as a runny nose and watery puffy eyes. She is cutting top front teeth and very fussy and inconsolable. Dr. Said last week her ears looked good as well as throat just small amounts of virus in blood test . Any over the counter stuff I can get if this is allergies or something equate ibuprofen not helping worth a lick!
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012