Small child, swelling in lip, angioedema. Given prednisone, benadryl. Treatment?

My 8yr old son s bottom lip is very swollen & hard. We had him in the local ER yesterday where they said he had angioedema . gave him a shot of solumedrol& sent us on our way. This morning the lip is still swollen and hasn t gone down at all. We called the ER back & the Dr called in a prescription for prednisone . He s had one dose and just gave him his second dose. Benadryl hasn t helped with the swelling either. Not sure what is wrong?
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012