Small child, sweating frequently, cold to touch, occurs all the time. Cause of worry?

My 9 month old baby sweats all the time- awake & in his sleep. A lot. His clothes are usually soaked &, I need to change them. The last couple of nights his skin was cold as well as soaked with sweat, so much that I thought his diaper had leaked.. Oh, and we cosleep, but he has also sweated in his crib & carseat. He does not wear flannel or fleece. Is this normal?
Asked On : Tue, 20 Nov 2012

Thank you for your query.

You have mentioned that your son does not wear flannel or fleece and still he sweats a lot. You need to see if this is of recent onset or has been occuring from the beginning. In case it has been persisting for a long time then it has to be seen that he is not being overclothed compared to the environmental temperature. Feeling cold by touch is not unusual when one is sweating as it is the body's mechanism to keep the body cool.

If the sweating persists despite reducing the clothing then it shall be better to consult your doctor.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.