Small child suffering from red blotchy rashes on soles of feet, palms of hands, skin colored bumps on legs. Causes?

My daughter is 20 months old. 1 week ago the palms of her hands and the soles of her feet started to have a bright red, blotchy rash on them. Several days later she developed small skin colored bumps all over her legs. Now she seems to be having a hard time sleeping, she keeps rubbing her hands and scratching her palms. Otherwise she seems to feel fine--no fever . Do you know what this could be?
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012