Small child, suffering from loose stools, rashes, itching in buttocks. Cure for symptoms?

Hi I picked my 11m old son up from daycare today as he had loose bowels and he has come out in a severe nappy like rash very quickly and is in a lot of pain. My 3 yr old daughter tonight has woken up screaming in pain saying her bottom and privates hurt. She is in so much pain and so uncomfortable she can t sleep. She has not had any bowel movements though. But she also has a red ring around the whole area. It s strange that both my children have developed this in one day.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013