Small child, suffering from cough, wheezing sound. Prescribed ventorlin, alaspan syrup, no relief. Treatment options?

my son is 2.9 yrs old and having cough with little of wheezing sound from the last 15 days. his doctor now prescribed Ventorlin syrp 5ml thrice a day, clarie susp 6ml twice a day, alaspan syrp 5ml once and phensedyl syrp 5ml bed time. after having medicine for 4 days i don t observe any relief in him. now doctor suggested for complete blood test and chest xray . so dont know what to do. should i change his doctor.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013