Small child, suffering from cough. Taking biaxin, no relief. Continue medication?

Hello, my 5 year old started coughing 5 days ago. Have had many sleepless nights. Saw a physician on 3 days ago. He has been put on Biaxin 125 mg. He is on day 3 of the medication . Still suffers from a persistent cough and difficulty sleeping for more than 2 hours at a time. He is suppose to take Biaxin for 3 more days but I haven t seen much of a change in the cough. Do we continue with Biaxin or seek further treatment?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013